What is Needle Tapping?
It involves gently tapping the skin with a small, handheld instrument that resembles a plum blossom tree branch called a 7 star plum blossom hammer.
Needle tapping is the generic name for plum blossom therapy, also known as Mei Hua Zhuang or plum blossom needle therapy, which is a traditional Chinese therapy used in the field of natural beauty and holistic wellness.
It’s a small instrument with 7 fine, medical stainless steal blunt-ended needles arranged in a cluster on one end.
The other end has a flexible handle for easy gripping and tapping. The plum blossom hammer needs to tap the the skin's surface with regular gentle rhythmic movements.
What are the benefits of needle tapping?
The Seven Star Blossom Hammer is a versatile tool that has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for many years to treat a wide array of conditions, including acne scarring, high blood pressure, headaches, muscle pain, and varicose veins.
However, the Seven Star Blossom Hammer is particularly renowned for its effectiveness in addressing issues such as hair loss, hair thinning, and alopecia.
This is the hair loss and hair thinning conditions that we would like to focus on here.
How does plum blossom therapy work for hair loss?
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, the key to healthy and strong hair is a balanced flow of energy (Qi) and blood to the eyebrows and to the scalp.
Different factors such as stress, hormonal imbalances, undernourishing diet can impair this flow of blood and Qi to the face and head, resulting in hair thinning, or hair loss.
- The tapping motion of the plum blossom hammer stimulates the skin and underlying tissues, creating a mild, controlled stimulation.
- It improves blood circulation and energy flow in the treated areas, clearing any blockages in the body's energy pathways (meridians).
- It makes your energy (Qi) stronger, and encourages the creation of new cells in the hair roots.
- The regular tapping of the needles triggers responses in both the nervous system and hormonal system, which in turn contribute to the restoration of sebaceous gland function for the benefit of hair health.
How does it work?
Liver Blood is responsible for hair’s luster and fullness. With obstruction of the flow of Liver qi and an inadequate supply of Liver Blood to perfuse the scalp, hair loss may result.
Oriental medicine practitioners believe that the condition of the hair follicles is directly affected by
the toxicity in the blood and that the hair follicles are responsible for the nourishment of the hair as
well as supporting hair growth. According to TCM, excess energy escapes the body through the top of the head, causing the hair follicles to expand and as a result, they lose their grip on the hair, allowing it to fall out.
Gently pressing the hammer against various areas of the scalp, making several needles stimulate your epidermis and dermis at the same time is said to increase the effectiveness of needle tapping therapy for hair loss.
The epidermis, the outermost layer of skin, provides a waterproof barrier and contributes to skin tone. The dermis, found beneath the epidermis, contains connective tissue, hair follicles, blood vessels, lymphatic vessels, and sweat glands.
It's important to note that while plum blossom therapy has been used for many years and is generally considered safe, make sure you watch the online tutorial videos that come with the hammer from Sakina, who is a qualified therapist to ensure proper technique and safety precautions.
7 STARS PLUM BLOSSOM HAMMER
You might wonder why it has such a poetic name
7 STAINLESS STEAL MEDICAL NEEDLES
- Protective sponge cap and pouch.
- A5 illustrated tutorial card
- Free step-by-step video tutorial
- Bonus module on facial rejuvenation
Sérénité Ritual’s School The Art of Needle Tapping for hair loss and hair thinning
In this easy-to-follow video tutorial, Sakina explains the proper usage of the 7 Star Plum Blossom Hammer to address hair loss and hair thinning, equipping you with the knowledge and confidence to use this tool the right way in just 15 minutes. By following her guidance, you can begin to experience results fast. Additionally, Sakina provides a bonus video on how to use the 7 Star Plum Blossom Hammer for facial rejuvenation.MORE INFO
Your Needle Tapping Questions. Answered
So, you’ve heard about needle tapping, and you’ve got some questions—it’d be worrying if you didn’t!
Click on a question below to find the answer. If you can’t find the information you’re looking forhere, please submit a question in the form at the bottom of this page.
Is the seven star plum blossom hammer painful to use?
The level of discomfort associated with using the seven star plum blossom hammer can vary from person to person. When used correctly and with proper technique, it’s common to find the sensation to be mild, tolerable and even invigorating. It's important to note that the plum blossom hammer is designed to stimulate acupoints and promote better circulation without causing significant pain. It shouldn’t cause any bleeding or bruising.
To ensure a comfortable experience, we recommend learning the proper techniques and guidelines for using the plum blossom hammer, which are provided in our instructional cards and online tutorials.
Is there any contraindication to using the plum blossom hammer?
While the plum blossom hammer can be beneficial for most of us, there are certain contraindications and precautions to keep in mind:
1. Skin Conditions: Avoid using the plum blossom hammer on areas with active skin conditions, such as acne, open wounds, sunburn, or other irritations, as it may exacerbate these conditions or cause discomfort.
2. Bleeding Disorders: Individuals with bleeding disorders or those taking blood-thinning medications should exercise caution when using the plum blossom hammer, as it can potentially lead to excessive bruising or bleeding.
3. Pregnancy: It's important for pregnant individuals to consult with a qualified healthcare provider before using the plum blossom hammer, especially on the abdomen and lower back, to ensure it is safe during pregnancy.
4. Fragile Skin: Those with very delicate or thin skin may be more susceptible to bruising or discomfort during use, so a gentler approach may be necessary.
5. Recent Surgery or Botox: If you have recently undergone facial surgery or received Botox injections, it's advisable to consult with your healthcare provider or surgeon to determine when it is safe to use the plum blossom hammer in those areas.
6. Allergies: Be aware of any allergies to materials used in the plum blossom hammer, such as metals or plastics, to prevent allergic reactions.
7. Infections or Contagious Skin Conditions: Avoid using the plum blossom hammer on areas with active infections or contagious skin conditions to prevent the potential spread of the condition.
It's crucial to approach the use of the plum blossom hammer with care and to consult with a healthcare practitioner or acupuncturist if you have any concerns or specific health conditions. Always follow proper hygiene practices and guidelines for using the tool safely and effectively s explain in the free online tutorials that come with the 7 star plum blossom hammer.
When will I see results?
Typically, you will start to notice improvements in scalp health and reduced hair thinning after several weeks or months of consistent use. However, significant changes in hair thickness and growth may take several months to a year or longer, depending on the severity of the issue and other factors.
Patience and consistency in using the Plum Blossom Hammer are key.